Call for Abstracts
The International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD) and the Asian Disaster Preparedness Center (ADPC), under the framework of the SERVIR initiative, are organizing the Regional Knowledge Forum on Drought: Earth Observation and Climate Services for Food Security and Agricultural Decision Making in South and Southeast Asia at the ICIMOD headquarters in Kathmandu, Nepal from 8–10 October 2018.
The three-day regional knowledge forum will bring regional experts together to deliberate on existing practices and policies related to the use of Earth observation data in agriculture and food security.
The organizers invite researchers to submit abstracts for presentation relevant to South and Southeast Asia and related to the following topics:
- Drought monitoring and assessment
- Earth observation for climate risk finance decision making
- Agriculture, land use, and crop type mapping
- Earth observation data supported crop simulation modelling and yield forecasting
- Water resource and agricultural advisory systems
- Abstracts must be submitted by 26 August 2018, 5:00 PM (UTC+5:45 hours) via our web form . Abstracts submitted by email will not be accepted.
- The scientific committee will review all submitted abstracts. Acceptance will be based on content, available space, and overall programme balance. The committee may recommend that selected abstracts submitted as oral presentations be presented as posters or vice versa.
- Authors need to ensure that they submit their own work, and provide complete and accurate contact and affiliation information for all co-authors.
- Authors may submit abstracts related to research or work carried out in South and Southeast Asia or beyond.
- Abstracts must be prepared and submitted in English. The organizers reserve the right to reject abstracts which are presented in poor English, or may request an immediate revision by the submitter.
- Selected authors will be invited for an oral or poster presentation at the Knowledge Forum by 3 September 2018.
- A limited number of selected authors will be considered for financial support.
- The organizers may edit the submitted abstracts for clarity, brevity, style and language.