|Date||20 Aug 2017 to 24 Aug 2017|
|Venue||Institute of Remote Sensing, Jahangirnagar University, Dhaka, Bangladesh|
|Contact Persons||Rajesh Thapa|
The International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD), in partnership with the Institute of Remote Sensing, Jahangirnagar University (IRS-JU), will conduct a five-day training workshop on the Google Earth Engine (GEE) platform at the university campus in Dhaka, Bangladesh, under its SERVIR Hindu Kush Himalaya (SERVIR-HKH) Initiative. The ICIMOD team has conducted such training in Kathmandu.
This training offers participants an opportunity to gain hands-on experience using GEE to complete a series of real-world environmental remote sensing projects for beginners, intermediates, and experts. Participants will be able to develop an integrative project that encompasses remotely sensed data inputs, processing, and analyses for an environmental scientific investigation.
Although no prior programming experience is required, the course will touch on the basics of selected programming languages.
This workshop aims to train professionals from Jahangirnagar University and partner institutions on geospatial data analysis using GEE. In addition to the basic introduction and usage of GEE, the training will cover advanced topics in geospatial applications such as mapping of vegetation, land use and land cover, and water resources in the GEE environment.
The training workshop will entertain participation from 30 qualified young professionals based in Bangladesh. Interested candidates may apply for placement using the application form available at this link.
- The deadline for submission of applications is 30 July 2017. Selection of results will be announced on 7 August 2017.
- Questions regarding selection and/or participation will not be entertained.
- Knowledge of geographic information system/remote sensing is desired.
- Applicants should have a university degree (Bachelor’s degree or higher level of education)
- Applications from women and disadvantaged groups are encouraged. The organizers will try to ensure 50% women’s participation.
- The cost of attendance is free. The organizers will not provide travel support towards attending this training.
- Participants will receive a certificate of completion on satisfactory completion of the training workshop.