The SERVIR Applied Sciences team (AST), supported by the Earth Science Division at the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), has been working with the SERVIR-HKH initiative at ICIMOD and regional partners to develop applications related to water and hydro-climatic disasters for the region.
ICIMOD, in collaboration with the Flood Forecasting and Warning Center, Bangladesh Water Development Board, is organizing a workshop to present progress and receive feedback on the design of information systems for individual partners.
A two-day training on the tools on flood forecasting and drought warning will follow the workshop.
Objective of the workshop
The workshop aims to apprise key implementing partners on the status of SERVIR AST projects by:
- Presenting the status of models and tools development
- Reviewing the implementation experience and validation results
- Discussing partners roles and data needs and future implementation plans
The workshop aims to achieve the following:
- Build consensus between the SERVIR AST team and partners about the specification of information products and tools
- Finalize the design specification of products and tools
- Establish technical working groups with defined roles for different products and tools
- Summarize data needs for product generation and validation and data sharing protocol